[REVIEW] Denny's Hawaiian Tropical Pancake Puppies

Monday, June 13, 2011

On a whim I decided to order these.

I've been on a coconut pineapple kick lately. I blame it all on the Haagen Daas people. So, when I walked into Denny's and saw these on the menu, I decided they must be mine.

I had not seen any ads for these nor any reviews online, so I decided to blog my thoughts.

If you've ever had standard pancake puppies then you know they are basically donut holes with a lighter consistency. Nothing spectacular but decent.

The description on my placemat said that these had white chocolate chips and pineapple, and coconut. The actual product? 1/3 of the ingredients didn't cut it.

I only tasted coconut, and I think it was just flavoring added to the powdered sugar that they dusted the puppies with. They were, thankfully, not burnt (I've had to deal with that on more than one occasion). No taste of chocolate at all and no discernable chunks of pineapple or even a smell or taste of the delicious yellow fruit.

It tasted like a regular old pancake puppy with coconut powder. Not bad, but kind of a let down.

As I left the manager asked me what I thought of them. I told her quite honestly and her response was "I know, that's what everyone tells me..."

Chuck might eat it again...but they need to up the pineapple content.





1 comments:

Anonymous at: December 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM said...

Hi -
I'm working with a start-up for food bloggers in Maryland called Tabelog (www.tabelog.us). They're a subsidiary of the largest company in Japan Tabelog.com (similar to Yelp here in the US).
We’re bringing their annual restaurant awards to the US that are judged solely by a panel of local food bloggers (all online). The winning restaurants get a framed 2015 award and the food bloggers get an 'official judge' icons/etc. and related PR for their blog. We’re looking for bloggers from the Maryland area to invite as an official judge. Is this something that you would be interested in? My email address is awards@tabelog.us.

Thanks in advance!
Brock

Post a Comment