[REVIEW] Canada Dry Black Cherry Wishniak

Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Wishniak?

Is this a drink made by that guy who co-founded Apple?

Whoa! Don't blame me for this!

I was mesmerized by the thought of a cherry soda and immediately thought it would be more like the flavored ginger ales that have been put out by Canada Dry every year around the holidays.


If you're like me, you have no clue what a Wishniak is. So let me tell you:
The Urban Dictionary defines Wishniak as




The form of the word nigga only pronounceable by white people (we all have white in us). Also known as black cherry soda, in Ukrainian meaning black cherry, this word is more mainly used as a form of representing a more harsh version of the tag, nigga when emphasizing the word NIAK. Pussy is to cunt, as nigga is to niak. Use freely and wisely, depending whether this person is a good mixture of the figurative meanings of black (papa) and cherry (chocolate milk pants) you know who you are...

Um....riiiiiight. So Google failed me on this one. I tried to go to dictionary.com and look it up, but they just thought I was talking about the Woz.


So the best I can gather is that a Wishniak is a cherry soda that originated somewhere in Europe that is very popular in Philadelphia. 

Ok, enough culture, lets try this stuff.

Before opening
The money shot!
I opened the bottle and took a good noseful of sweet cherry aroma. So far, so good.










I poured myself a cup, on ice. The fizz was impressive.


The aroma was still awesome.

A sip - hmm....

Another sip....I'm tasting Almond Smash-like soda - followed by a super tart cherry finish. Not bad....

Third sip - the thought in my head "I'm gonna have to drink this whole cup of this stuff?"








And to be honest, that's where I left off. I had to add coconut rum to make it bearable.








Sorry, but Chuck might not eat this again. 

But the Woz might!   
For those of you who care...

0 comments:

Post a Comment